London Colney woman's plea for lost watch
A treasured piece of jewellery has been lost in St Albans and the owner is desperate to see it again. Simone Ryder, from Reed Close, London Colney, lost her diamante watch between the Waterend Barn and the Post Office in St Albans city centre on November
A treasured piece of jewellery has been lost in St Albans and the owner is desperate to see it again.
Simone Ryder, from Reed Close, London Colney, lost her diamante watch between the Waterend Barn and the Post Office in St Albans city centre on November 10 and is appealing for information.
She said: "I have had that watch for 20 years and it has huge sentimental value for me. I went to put it on in my car because I was running late. I got out at the Waterend Barn and went to the post office. I wanted to check the time on my way back and when I pulled back my sleeve it was gone. At first I was sure it had fallen off in the car but it wasn't there."
So far Simone has heard nothing from the police or the post office and has retraced her steps several times with a friend to try and find the missing watch.
She describes it as being small with two round dials; a black inner dial with diamante written on it and an outer golden dial. The watch face has Roman numerals.
Simone added: "It would mean a lot to me to find it again, as it has never let me down. To get it back again would be the best Christmas present I could receive."
- 1 Club night revival in St Albans
- 2 St Albans woman stops British Grand Prix at Silverstone
- 3 Woman assaulted by teenage boys in Hemel Hempstead underpass
- 4 Man stabbed in St Albans
- 5 St Albans District pupils power to success in the pool
- 6 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 7 Cock fight ends Company of Ten's first-rate season at the Abbey Theatre
- 8 10 reasons to visit this sustainable, family-owned farm shop in St Albans
- 9 IN PICTURES: The return of Kimpton Folk Festival
- 10 Daughter taking the plunge in mum's memory
Anyone who has found the watch or has information about it should contact Simone on 01727 767190.