London Colney woman's plea for lost watch
A treasured piece of jewellery has been lost in St Albans and the owner is desperate to see it again. Simone Ryder, from Reed Close, London Colney, lost her diamante watch between the Waterend Barn and the Post Office in St Albans city centre on November
A treasured piece of jewellery has been lost in St Albans and the owner is desperate to see it again.
Simone Ryder, from Reed Close, London Colney, lost her diamante watch between the Waterend Barn and the Post Office in St Albans city centre on November 10 and is appealing for information.
She said: "I have had that watch for 20 years and it has huge sentimental value for me. I went to put it on in my car because I was running late. I got out at the Waterend Barn and went to the post office. I wanted to check the time on my way back and when I pulled back my sleeve it was gone. At first I was sure it had fallen off in the car but it wasn't there."
So far Simone has heard nothing from the police or the post office and has retraced her steps several times with a friend to try and find the missing watch.
You may also want to watch:
She describes it as being small with two round dials; a black inner dial with diamante written on it and an outer golden dial. The watch face has Roman numerals.
Simone added: "It would mean a lot to me to find it again, as it has never let me down. To get it back again would be the best Christmas present I could receive."
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 4 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 9 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
Anyone who has found the watch or has information about it should contact Simone on 01727 767190.