London Colney woman's plea for lost watch
A treasured piece of jewellery has been lost in St Albans and the owner is desperate to see it again. Simone Ryder, from Reed Close, London Colney, lost her diamante watch between the Waterend Barn and the Post Office in St Albans city centre on November
A treasured piece of jewellery has been lost in St Albans and the owner is desperate to see it again.
Simone Ryder, from Reed Close, London Colney, lost her diamante watch between the Waterend Barn and the Post Office in St Albans city centre on November 10 and is appealing for information.
She said: "I have had that watch for 20 years and it has huge sentimental value for me. I went to put it on in my car because I was running late. I got out at the Waterend Barn and went to the post office. I wanted to check the time on my way back and when I pulled back my sleeve it was gone. At first I was sure it had fallen off in the car but it wasn't there."
So far Simone has heard nothing from the police or the post office and has retraced her steps several times with a friend to try and find the missing watch.
She describes it as being small with two round dials; a black inner dial with diamante written on it and an outer golden dial. The watch face has Roman numerals.
Simone added: "It would mean a lot to me to find it again, as it has never let me down. To get it back again would be the best Christmas present I could receive."
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 4 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 7 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 8 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 9 Ian Allinson praises 'unbelievable shift' of St Albans City players against Maidstone
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
Anyone who has found the watch or has information about it should contact Simone on 01727 767190.