London Colney woman, 85, has necklace stolen
- Credit: Archant
An 85-year-old woman who stopped to give a woman directions to a hospital had her necklace stolen in London Colney on Tuesday (3).
The incident occurred at around 11.15am in White Horse Lane when the lady was approached by a woman asking for directions to the hospital.
The woman placed a ring in the victim’s hand and a scarf around her neck before leaving in a vehicle.
The victim later noticed her necklace had been stolen.
The woman is described as being of eastern European appearance with shoulder-length dark hair and the vehicle was dark-coloured.
Detective Constable Amy Dixon said: “I would appeal to anyone who was in the area and saw a woman matching this description or the vehicle in the area to contact me as you may have information which could assist my investigation.
“I would also like to ask people to be vigilant, particularly older members of our community, who may be a target for offenders of these crimes, and to report any suspicious activity.”
- 1 Person dies after being hit by a train between St Albans and London
- 2 Body of man in his 40s found in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Car and moped crash in St Albans
- 4 Police 'concerned for welfare' of missing Hertfordshire teenager
- 5 Married at First Sight: St Albans' Whitney wants to walk down the aisle
- 6 Call for hosepipe ban to protect River Ver
- 7 Main footpath closed while CCOS South work underway
- 8 St Albans Striders brave the heat to tackle numerous races
- 9 Could community banking hub open in Harpenden?
- 10 Red panda Tilly gives birth to ‘miracle’ cub at Paradise Wildlife Park one month after passing of partner Nam Pang
Anyone with any information can contact DC Dixon on non-emergency number 101 or alternatively Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.