London Colney woman, 85, has necklace stolen
- Credit: Archant
An 85-year-old woman who stopped to give a woman directions to a hospital had her necklace stolen in London Colney on Tuesday (3).
The incident occurred at around 11.15am in White Horse Lane when the lady was approached by a woman asking for directions to the hospital.
The woman placed a ring in the victim’s hand and a scarf around her neck before leaving in a vehicle.
The victim later noticed her necklace had been stolen.
The woman is described as being of eastern European appearance with shoulder-length dark hair and the vehicle was dark-coloured.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Constable Amy Dixon said: “I would appeal to anyone who was in the area and saw a woman matching this description or the vehicle in the area to contact me as you may have information which could assist my investigation.
“I would also like to ask people to be vigilant, particularly older members of our community, who may be a target for offenders of these crimes, and to report any suspicious activity.”
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
Anyone with any information can contact DC Dixon on non-emergency number 101 or alternatively Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.