Record attendance at London Colney fireworks show
- Credit: Archant
Over 4,000 people attended the London Colney fireworks show last Sunday.
While last year’s show attracted 2,300 people, this year’s Morris Playing Fields show blew that record away.
London Colney parish council chair Malcolm MacMillan said: “This was the best and biggest ever show.
“It was a happy occasion and the public were most appreciative of the parish council’s effort.
“It’s great to be able to give something back to the community which benefits so many people in a joyful way”
You may also want to watch:
Cllr MacMillan thanked the volunteers, grounds and parish staff and councillors for helping ensure a safe environment for the fireworks display.
He believes the months of preparation and behind-the-scenes planning paid off with the huge attendance.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 9 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 10 Olympic legend Denise Lewis unveils inspirational mural in St Albans
Entry was free, but donations are collected for three organisations: the Peace Hospice, the Scouts and the Women’s’ Institute.