London Colney store raises thousands for Riding for the Disabled
- Credit: Archant
Sainsbury’s in London Colney has raised more than £3,000 for a disability charity.
The store has raised funds and awareness of Penniwells Riding for the Disabled (RDA) for a year, after the group was chosen by customers and colleagues.
Both staff and customers took part in activities to raise money for the charity, including race nights and barbecues.
Store manager Adrian said: “We’ve really enjoyed working with Penniwells RDA for the past 12 months. Our customers and colleagues worked really hard to help raise vital funds for the charity and we’re really proud of everything we’ve achieved.”
The money will be used towards the completion of both minor and major works at the centre, which will enhance the experience for Penniwells riders.
You may also want to watch:
Sarah Healing, centre manager of Penniwells RDA, said: “We’d like to thank the Sainsbury’s customers and colleagues in London Colney for their support over the past year.
“It has made such a difference to the charity and we’re extremely grateful for the donations and awareness we’ve been able to raise.”
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
At the end of June, customers were able to vote in store and online for the supermarket’s new charity partner, with Friends of Southridge RSPCA Animal Centre receiving the most votes.
Sainsbury’s local charity scheme is now entering its ninth year, and has raised more than £13 million for local charities since 2009.