London Colney’s Danielle Carter thrilled after Arsenal Ladies reach FA Cup Final
- Credit: Archant
Arsenal Ladies, who train at London Colney, have their sights set on Milton Keynes after successfully reaching the FA Cup Final.
The determined squad beat Chelsea 5-3 after extra time yesterday (Sunday) at Woking’s Kingsfield Stadium.
The majority of the Arsenal Ladies players live in and on the fringe of St Albans district, with eight based in London Colney and a further three living in Shenley.
Fans from across the sporting world took to Twitter to praise the team for a “cracking semi-final” and showing a “sheer desire to be on a winning team”.
After the victory forward Danielle Carter, who lives in London Colney, tweeted: “No better feeling. Through to the FA Cup Final!!”
You may also want to watch:
The flagship ladies’ final against Everton is being held on Sunday June 1 at MK Dons FC, with tickets on sale now.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 6 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 7 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 8 St Albans Sirens overcome seasickness to complete charity Channel swim
- 9 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 10 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner