London Colney’s Danielle Carter thrilled after Arsenal Ladies reach FA Cup Final
- Credit: Archant
Arsenal Ladies, who train at London Colney, have their sights set on Milton Keynes after successfully reaching the FA Cup Final.
The determined squad beat Chelsea 5-3 after extra time yesterday (Sunday) at Woking’s Kingsfield Stadium.
The majority of the Arsenal Ladies players live in and on the fringe of St Albans district, with eight based in London Colney and a further three living in Shenley.
Fans from across the sporting world took to Twitter to praise the team for a “cracking semi-final” and showing a “sheer desire to be on a winning team”.
After the victory forward Danielle Carter, who lives in London Colney, tweeted: “No better feeling. Through to the FA Cup Final!!”
You may also want to watch:
The flagship ladies’ final against Everton is being held on Sunday June 1 at MK Dons FC, with tickets on sale now.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 8 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park