London Colney lecturer joins line-up of BBC’s Gardeners’ World
- Credit: Archant
A horticulture lecturer has been unveiled as the new face of a popular BBC television show.
The BBC2 series, Gardeners’ World, has welcomed Zephaniah Lindo, from London Colney, as one of the new presenters of the programme.
Zephaniah, 46, who lectures on horticulture and landscaping at Capel Manor College in Enfield, has been busy working on the long-running show, offering advice and ideas to viewers on gardening.
He will feature in a number of episodes throughout the series and has also recently won a bronze award at the Chelsea Flower Show for designing and installing an exhibit called ‘Beans Beans’.
He was given the role as presenter after responding to an advert that was put out by the BBC.
You may also want to watch:
Zephaniah started studying at Capel Manor in 2009 to drive forward his horticulture business. He ended up staying on to become a full-time lecturer at the college and is now recognised as a resident celebrity for presenting on the BBC programme.
He said: ”Being outside with nature, planting and watching things grow is a fundamental human need that needs to be harnessed in today’s society more than ever.
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 6 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 7 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 9 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 10 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
“Lots of people ask how I got into horticulture, and I always say it’s more than just a hobby; it starts off as a path that in time changes your whole lifestyle.”