London Colney Islamic Centre invites community to dinner
- Credit: Archant
An invitation to an annual community dinner party which marks Iftaar - the breaking of the daily fast - has been extended by London Colney Islamic Centre.
Last year up to 40 guests including the Mayor of St Albans and local councillors came together for the party.
It is being held this Sunday, July 12, at the London Colney Islamic Centre in High Street and the invitation is for people of other faiths or no faith at all to come along.
Further details can be obtained from Shakir Rahman at email@example.com
The dinner party follows the success of a similar event held by the Sopwell Community Trust where guests included Deputy Mayor of St Albans Cllr Gill Clark, county councillor Sandy Walkington and Labour district councillor Janet Smith.
You may also want to watch:
Guests dined on food prepared by local restaurant, Chilli Raj, Japanese restaurant Kimaya and home-made specials.
* To mark the end of Ramadan and celebrate Eid, Sopwell Community Trust has organised an open event for all faiths in Verulamium Park, St Albans, next Friday, July 17.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
It runs from 10am to 30pm opposite Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre and will feature large marquees and entertainment including bouncy castles, fairground rides and stalls.