London Colney Islamic Centre invites community to dinner
- Credit: Archant
An invitation to an annual community dinner party which marks Iftaar - the breaking of the daily fast - has been extended by London Colney Islamic Centre.
Last year up to 40 guests including the Mayor of St Albans and local councillors came together for the party.
It is being held this Sunday, July 12, at the London Colney Islamic Centre in High Street and the invitation is for people of other faiths or no faith at all to come along.
Further details can be obtained from Shakir Rahman at firstname.lastname@example.org
The dinner party follows the success of a similar event held by the Sopwell Community Trust where guests included Deputy Mayor of St Albans Cllr Gill Clark, county councillor Sandy Walkington and Labour district councillor Janet Smith.
You may also want to watch:
Guests dined on food prepared by local restaurant, Chilli Raj, Japanese restaurant Kimaya and home-made specials.
* To mark the end of Ramadan and celebrate Eid, Sopwell Community Trust has organised an open event for all faiths in Verulamium Park, St Albans, next Friday, July 17.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 5 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 6 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
It runs from 10am to 30pm opposite Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre and will feature large marquees and entertainment including bouncy castles, fairground rides and stalls.