London Colney Parish Council hold public meeting on Hertsmere Garden Village
- Credit: Archant
London Colney Parish Council has pledged to mobilise against a proposed garden village in Hertsmere.
Many attendees at a public meeting on Wednesday (21) were opposed to the garden village, which would mean 6,000 homes to the immediate south-east and east of London Colney.
London Colney Parish Council chair Malcolm MacMillan explained the consultation would not take place until next autumn and a decision was likely to be agreed in 2021.
“The parish council will do all it can to mobilise a maximum village response appropriate for each phase,” he said.
St Albans district council cabinet member, Mary Maynard, said that council would express concerns about the use of Green Belt without meriting special circumstances.
Cllr Dreda Gordon was concerned about the “gridlock on our bypass which will lead to the High Street being at a stand-still.”
- 1 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 2 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 3 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 4 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 7 Honest truths spilled in Saints dressing room after humbling FA Trophy defeat to Cheshunt
- 8 St Albans' Rachel Andrews stars alongside James Nesbitt and Eddie Izzard in new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 This is Harpenden: faces of town's residents feature in new exhibition
- 10 After another near miss, crossing desperately needed outside St Albans school