Young joyrider fined after dangerous driving in London Colney
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
A boy has appeared at youth court after taking a van and driving it dangerously in London Colney.
The youngster, who cannot be named for legal reasons, admitted a series of charges when he appeared at Stevenage Youth Court on October 11.
Without the consent of the owner, he took the van on September 9 and drove the vehicle dangerously and without a licence or insurance.
During the course of his actions, the van was also damaged and so were some security gates.
The boy also failed to stop when asked to do so by a police officer in uniform.
You may also want to watch:
At court, he was referred to a youth offender panel for nine months.
He was ordered to pay compensation of £500, £20 to victim services and £85 court costs.
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 4 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 5 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 6 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 9 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 10 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
The court ordered his parent/guardian to pay the balance of £605.
Although not old enough to hold a licence, he was given a 12-month driving ban.
He has been disqualified until an extended test of competence has been passed.