Young joyrider fined after dangerous driving in London Colney
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
A boy has appeared at youth court after taking a van and driving it dangerously in London Colney.
The youngster, who cannot be named for legal reasons, admitted a series of charges when he appeared at Stevenage Youth Court on October 11.
Without the consent of the owner, he took the van on September 9 and drove the vehicle dangerously and without a licence or insurance.
During the course of his actions, the van was also damaged and so were some security gates.
The boy also failed to stop when asked to do so by a police officer in uniform.
You may also want to watch:
At court, he was referred to a youth offender panel for nine months.
He was ordered to pay compensation of £500, £20 to victim services and £85 court costs.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
The court ordered his parent/guardian to pay the balance of £605.
Although not old enough to hold a licence, he was given a 12-month driving ban.
He has been disqualified until an extended test of competence has been passed.