Driver dies following London Colney bypass crash
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 40s has died following a crash on the A1081 London Colney bypass this morning.
Officers are now appealing for witnesses, information and dash cam footage following the fatal collision.
Police were called at 3.40am to reports that a white Peugeot Partner van had left the northbound carriageway and collided with a bridge support.
Officers and the East of England Ambulance Service attended but sadly the driver, a man in his 40s, was pronounced dead at the scene. His next of kin have been informed.
Sgt Russell Jones said: “Our thoughts are with the family and friends of the driver who sadly lost his life following this collision.
You may also want to watch:
“We are investigating the circumstances of this incident and I’m appealing for anyone who witnessed it, has information that could help or has relevant dash cam footage to make contact with us.
“I’d also like to hear from anyone who may have seen a white Peugeot Partner van driving in the area in the early hours of this morning.
“I can be contacted directly via email at email@example.com.”
Alternatively you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or report information online at crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 3 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 9 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 10 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years