Driver dies following London Colney bypass crash
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 40s has died following a crash on the A1081 London Colney bypass this morning.
Officers are now appealing for witnesses, information and dash cam footage following the fatal collision.
Police were called at 3.40am to reports that a white Peugeot Partner van had left the northbound carriageway and collided with a bridge support.
Officers and the East of England Ambulance Service attended but sadly the driver, a man in his 40s, was pronounced dead at the scene. His next of kin have been informed.
Sgt Russell Jones said: “Our thoughts are with the family and friends of the driver who sadly lost his life following this collision.
You may also want to watch:
“We are investigating the circumstances of this incident and I’m appealing for anyone who witnessed it, has information that could help or has relevant dash cam footage to make contact with us.
“I’d also like to hear from anyone who may have seen a white Peugeot Partner van driving in the area in the early hours of this morning.
“I can be contacted directly via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.”
Alternatively you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or report information online at crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 Sustainable St Albans hosting Open Food Gardens event across district