Harpenden lockdown video winners announced
- Credit: Archant
Winners of a Harpenden video competition have recently been announced.
Harpenden Town Council’s student video competition was set to encourage young people to get creative during lockdown.
Entrants were asked to submit videos which showed what life in lockdown was like for them. Competition judges reviewed dozens of entries and remarked on the talent of all students with the winners particularly excelling in their storytelling, editing, and powerful performances.
The competition was open to all students who live or go to school in Harpenden. First, second, and third place prizes were awarded for each category (years 7-10 and 11-13):
1st: Emma L: “32 Days Later”
2nd: Leah F: “Isolation”
- 1 Seventies St Albans is backdrop to new novel about secret Nazi treasure
- 2 Extinction Rebellion protestors scale roof of Barclays in St Albans
- 3 Local restaurants snap up accolades in Curry Awards
- 4 Batchwood Golf Course to be redesigned after houses hit by balls
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 1,000 new homes planned next to village
- 7 St Albans haberdashery store celebrates 50 years
- 8 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 9 Future of Harpenden Public Halls site revealed
- 10 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
3rd: Lucas B: “The Corona Conundrum”
1st: Aimee W: “Domestic Abuse Doesn’t Stop”
2nd: Rosie A: “Harpenden Will Survive”
3rd: Lucas J: “Isolation”
All winning video entries are available to view on the town council’s Facebook and YouTube pages.