Liz is getting on her bike fro St Albans’ Grove House hospice
GROVE House’s own community fundraiser, Liz Hizli is taking up the challenge herself this summer as she plans to cycle from John O’Groats to Land’s End to raise money for the hospice.
Liz, who has been a fundraiser for Grove House for over seven years and spends her working life encouraging supporters to raise money for the day hospice, is starting a gruelling training schedule this month to prepare her for the nine-day cycling event.
She plans to complete the 100-mile-a-day Deloitte Ride Across Britain with her partner, John Pilny, and brother-in-law, Simon Gay, and the trio are aiming to raise a staggering �10,000 for the hospice.
Dan Chapman, of the Giant Store in Radlett, is supplying the group with bikes and advice on training and the places have been sponsored by E and J Winery Europe of Uxbridge – which means that every single penny raised by the group will benefit Grove House.
Liz said “I work with the most amazing group of people; I see so many lives that have been touched by cancer and often these people are still working to help the hospice care for other terminally ill people in the community. I felt it was about time I got on my bike quite literally and raised some money myself.
You may also want to watch:
“I love cycling and I am determined to train hard with John and Simon so that we enjoy what looks to be a great challenge.”
The Deloitte Ride Across Britain is a nine stage cycling event taking place taking place between June 11 and 19, 2011. For more information about the challenge visit www.rideacrossbritain.com
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 5 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 6 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 7 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 8 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 9 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 10 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
To sponsor Liz and follow her progress visit http://www.justgiving.com/jog2le4gh
If you would like to take up a challenge for Grove House, give Liz a call on 01727 731008 or visit www.grove-house.org.uk