Litter-picking board to be installed at Verulamium Park in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A board is being installed at a park in St Albans to encourage members of the public to pick up litter.
Plastic Free St Albans teamed up with staff at The Inn on the Park to install the new ‘two minute litter pick’ board in Verulamium Park.
The board, which comes equipped with a litter pick stick and bags, is being delivered today (Friday, June 8).
Emma Tyers, from Plastic Free St Albans, and Wendy Hooper, who owns the Inn on the Park, crowdsourced over £500 for the board, which will be supervised by Wendy once it is in operation.
Instructions on the board encourage members of the public to photograph the litter they pick up, recycle what they can, and tweet a picture.
You may also want to watch:
Emma said: “If it goes well then I would be quite happy to do another crowd funder to raise money for another one.
“It needs a guardian to make sure it stays stocked up. Wendy will be the guardian - it needs a cafe or a pub nearby to look after it.”
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared