Lisa aims to be TV's Miss Naked Beauty
YOU don t have to be a size zero to be beautiful, according to Lisa Fitzgerald featured on Channel Four s latest TV show Miss Naked Beauty this coming Tuesday. Lisa, aged 39, of the Ridgeway, St Albans, is a size 12 and took part in a beauty contest wit
YOU don't have to be a size zero to be beautiful, according to Lisa Fitzgerald featured on Channel Four's latest TV show Miss Naked Beauty this coming Tuesday.
Lisa, aged 39, of the Ridgeway, St Albans, is a size 12 and took part in a beauty contest with a difference.
More than 7,000 women applied to be on the show - presented by Gok Wan and Myleene Klass -- and Lisa made it to the last 25 despite being twice the age of many of the contestants.
The language school director faced many challenges including stripping down to a bikini in Blackpool and having all her make-up blasted off by a fireman's hose!
You may also want to watch:
She said: "It was all part of a bid to show beauty's not just skin deep. The show is very anti size zero and all for people making the most of themselves and showing a bit of character and intelligence.
"It was a great experience and Gok Wan and Myleene are lovely - just as they seem on the telly."
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 3 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 7 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 8 Shortages crisis hits district
- 9 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
Lisa's partner Ian Jeffroy is fully supportive of her bid to win the contest which is being judged by singer Mica Paris, journalist Kathryn Flett and magazine owner James Brown.
The show airs at 8pm on Tuesday on Channel Four.