Lisa aims to be TV's Miss Naked Beauty
YOU don t have to be a size zero to be beautiful, according to Lisa Fitzgerald featured on Channel Four s latest TV show Miss Naked Beauty this coming Tuesday. Lisa, aged 39, of the Ridgeway, St Albans, is a size 12 and took part in a beauty contest wit
YOU don't have to be a size zero to be beautiful, according to Lisa Fitzgerald featured on Channel Four's latest TV show Miss Naked Beauty this coming Tuesday.
Lisa, aged 39, of the Ridgeway, St Albans, is a size 12 and took part in a beauty contest with a difference.
More than 7,000 women applied to be on the show - presented by Gok Wan and Myleene Klass -- and Lisa made it to the last 25 despite being twice the age of many of the contestants.
The language school director faced many challenges including stripping down to a bikini in Blackpool and having all her make-up blasted off by a fireman's hose!
She said: "It was all part of a bid to show beauty's not just skin deep. The show is very anti size zero and all for people making the most of themselves and showing a bit of character and intelligence.
"It was a great experience and Gok Wan and Myleene are lovely - just as they seem on the telly."
- 1 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 2 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 3 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 4 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 5 Property Spotlight: A striking modern apartment in St Albans
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 8 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 9 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 Ian Allinson praises 'unbelievable shift' of St Albans City players against Maidstone
Lisa's partner Ian Jeffroy is fully supportive of her bid to win the contest which is being judged by singer Mica Paris, journalist Kathryn Flett and magazine owner James Brown.
The show airs at 8pm on Tuesday on Channel Four.