Limited Vodafone service in parts of St Albans
VODAFONE customers in parts of St Albans are growing increasingly frustrated after 11 days without access to the mobile phone network.
Businesses and individuals have been hit in the AL3 and AL2 postcodes, although Vodafone are remaining tight-lipped over the specific cause of the problem.
Users are struggling to make and receive calls but some say that text messages are working. Some have used the phone company’s e-forum to suggest the problem is with the mast and that signal strength has been turned down.
A spokesperson for Vodafone said the incident was part of some ongoing work and that engineers were on site to resolve the situation which began on March 10.
She said the issue had been escalated to senior management and that Vodafone were doing everything they could to resolve the matter.
You may also want to watch:
Have you been affected? Get in touch with the newsdesk on email@example.com
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images