Lightning strikes London Colney homes - with gallery
LIGHTNING struck a row of terrace houses in London Colney this afternoon, sending the roofs into flames.
The incident happened in Telford Road at around 1.15pm and scores of firefighters attended the scene to try and quell the fire which had torn through four of the houses.
Three of the homes were badly damaged by the fire and another two suffered smoke damage.
One onlooker said that it took just ten minutes for the roofs to go up.
Nobody was hurt in the incident which was attended by crews from St Albans, Hatfield, Hemel Hempstead, Borehamwood, Watford, Garston and retained crews. The aerial ladder platform and the control unit from Hertford attended the scene.
You may also want to watch:
16 firefighters in breathing apparatus used five jets and three hose reels to bring the blaze under control.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park