Light up a life for a loved one this Christmas season
- Credit: Archant
Light up a Life is an opportunity for friends and family to come together and reflect on the memories of loved ones who are no longer with us.
Rennie Grove Hospice Care is holding Light up a Life ceremonies across Herts during November and December and is inviting everyone who has experienced the loss of a loved one to share this time of remembrance by dedicating a light and/or attending a service.
At a Light up a Life ceremony you can light a candle for a loved one and reflect on their memory. Alternatively, you can dedicate a light and make a donation of your choice in the name of a lost loved one. Each dedication is acknowledged with a commemorative card which will include the name of those you have remembered in this special way.
Peter Brion lost his wife Margaret to cancer 12 years ago after almost 60 years together, and says it is a huge comfort to take part in Light up a Life.
“I support Rennie Grove because of the way they looked after Margaret. The care they gave was fantastic. I can’t champion them enough. The whole process from writing the dedication, making the donation and attending the service helps me at what can be a difficult time of year.”
You may also want to watch:
Services will be held in St Albans on:
Sunday November 26, 3pm, Grove House, Waverley Road, St Albans
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 5 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 8 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 9 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
Sunday December 10, 4pm, Clock Tower, St Albans, (part of the Mayor’s Carol Service)
These are non-denominational ceremonies but can often include a prayer, reading or carols which you can choose to participate in.
For full details of all services visit www.renniegrove.org/lual
In addition to the Light Up a Life ceremonies, Rennie Grove has announced its first ever Christmas carol concert on Thursday December 7, with doors opening at 6.30pm at St Peter’s Church in St Peter’s Street.
The evening features The Chiltern Ladies Choir and will be hosted by television presenter Pam Rhodes. Tickets cost £15 each and include a drink and mince pie and can be purchased from the website www.renniegrove.org/carolconcert or by calling 01727 731028.