Lib Dems announce Harpenden candidate for General Election race
- Credit: Archant
The Liberal Democrats have revealed a candidate in the battle to become Harpenden’s next MP in this May’s General Election.
Pauline Pearce, dubbed the “Hackney Heroine” after standing up to rioters in 2011, has been revealed as the party’s prospective parliamentary candidate.
She attended Hitchin Girls’ School and still has family in the area but currently lives in Hackney.
The constituency of Hitchin and Harpenden has been served by Conservative Peter Lilley MP since 1997.
Also in the running are:
Rachel Burgin – Labour Party
John Stocker - UKIP
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 3 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 4 The Crossrail connections to Hertfordshire which were never built
- 5 Success for Harpenden actor after National Youth Theatre audition
- 6 Jubilee garden opened at Harpenden primary school
- 7 School's generous donation to foodbank
- 8 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 9 Return of Harpenden Carnival promises fun for all the family
- 10 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
Richard Wise - Green
Bridget Vickers - English Democrats
Peter Lilley – Conservative