Lib Dems announce Harpenden candidate for General Election race
- Credit: Archant
The Liberal Democrats have revealed a candidate in the battle to become Harpenden’s next MP in this May’s General Election.
Pauline Pearce, dubbed the “Hackney Heroine” after standing up to rioters in 2011, has been revealed as the party’s prospective parliamentary candidate.
She attended Hitchin Girls’ School and still has family in the area but currently lives in Hackney.
The constituency of Hitchin and Harpenden has been served by Conservative Peter Lilley MP since 1997.
Also in the running are:
You may also want to watch:
Rachel Burgin – Labour Party
John Stocker - UKIP
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 6 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 7 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
Richard Wise - Green
Bridget Vickers - English Democrats
Peter Lilley – Conservative