Lib Dems announce Harpenden candidate for General Election race
- Credit: Archant
The Liberal Democrats have revealed a candidate in the battle to become Harpenden’s next MP in this May’s General Election.
Pauline Pearce, dubbed the “Hackney Heroine” after standing up to rioters in 2011, has been revealed as the party’s prospective parliamentary candidate.
She attended Hitchin Girls’ School and still has family in the area but currently lives in Hackney.
The constituency of Hitchin and Harpenden has been served by Conservative Peter Lilley MP since 1997.
Also in the running are:
You may also want to watch:
Rachel Burgin – Labour Party
John Stocker - UKIP
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Lease up for grabs on vacant Batchwood Hall building
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 5 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 6 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 7 St Albans MP vows to fight developer 'free for all' to protect Herts Green Belt
- 8 Pupils' brighter walk to school thanks to developer
- 9 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 10 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
Richard Wise - Green
Bridget Vickers - English Democrats
Peter Lilley – Conservative