Lib-Dem leader checks out commuter situation
NEW LibDem leader Nick Clegg made St Albans one of his first ports of call in his new role last Friday. He was giving a keynote speech on mental health at the Guardian Public Services Summit at Sopwell House Hotel where he attacked the over-use of drugs i
NEW LibDem leader Nick Clegg made St Albans one of his first ports of call in his new role last Friday.
He was giving a keynote speech on mental health at the Guardian Public Services Summit at Sopwell House Hotel where he attacked the over-use of drugs in treatment because of the lack of availability of personal therapy.
He then went on to St Albans City Station where he met local rail users and heard firsthand from them about recent problems with First Capital Connect services.
Mr Clegg was joined at the station by Parliamentary hopefuls for St Albans and Hitchin and Harpenden respectively, Sandy Walkington and Nigel Quinton.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Clegg said: "The misinformation about ticket prices and actual overcharging of some passengers which were discovered by Sandy Walkington after the New Year fare rises indicates a real malaise.
"The importance of commuting to St Albans residents means that you deserve the highest standards from your monopoly rail provider. Sadly this seems to have been absent.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly