Learn how to protect your home from burglars at St Albans garden centre
POLICE are inviting local residents along to a garden centre this weekend to find out how to ‘beat the burglar’ over the summer months.
Officers will be on hand at Burston Garden Centre on Saturday (June 12) and Sunday (June 13) to advise people how to make their homes and gardens safe during the warm weather, which can often present opportunities for burglars with open windows and unlocked gates.
Pc Nikki Fisher, of the London Colney Neighbourhood Team, which also covers St Stephen and Colney Heath, said: “Burglary is one of the neighbourhood policing priorities for certain wards in the St Albans area, which means residents have raised it as of particular concern to them.
“We have listened to their concerns and are keen to respond in whatever ways we can, such as running events like this to offer advice and support.
“During the summer months, people want to go out and enjoy the warm weather, be that in their own garden or going to a nearby beauty spot. But we want to help them do this without making themselves vulnerable to burglary.”
You may also want to watch:
Pc Fisher will be joined by Pc Vince O’Malley, PCSO Kelvin Mackenzie and representatives from the area Neighbourhood Watch.
Darren Pattinson, retail manager at Burston in Chiswell Green, added: “The expert plants team will be on hand to advise how people can keep their property beautifully secure. On offer will be a range of plants and products which can be used to deter intruders.”
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
- 10 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End