Leading designer hosts St Albans fashion show
THE glamour of London Fashion Week came to St Albans when acclaimed British fashion designer Amanda Wakeley presented her latest collection at a charity show. More than 300 local women attended the event at Sopwell House Hotel which was co-organised by th
THE glamour of London Fashion Week came to St Albans when acclaimed British fashion designer Amanda Wakeley presented her latest collection at a charity show.
More than 300 local women attended the event at Sopwell House Hotel which was co-organised by the Willow Foundation, the charity set up by goalkeeping legend Bob Wilson and his wife Megs following the death of their daughter.
The exclusive event was the first showing of Amanda's current collection since she reclaimed her fashion business earlier this year.
Among the guests was the newly-crowned Miss Hertfordshire, Suzi Cumming from St Albans, for whom Amanda picked out an outfit and chatted through styling ideas for the forthcoming Miss UK competition.
You may also want to watch:
The fashion show was the first held in the 10-year history of the Willow Foundation. In her welcome Megs Wilson said how honoured they were that Amanda had chosen to support the charity and bring her catwalk show, featured at this year's London Fashion Week, to the county.
She went on: "Her support and generosity will raise considerable awareness of our work in the local community and the event proceeds will enable the charity to fund and organise many more uplifting and positive experiences for young adults throughout the UK living with the difficult realities and stresses of serious illness."
- 1 Hundreds of trees felled on Green Belt site 'to make way for travellers camp'
- 2 Injunction served on Redbourn site to prevent any development
- 3 PTA gifts a bear to more than 300 pupils to commemorate return to school
- 4 'Out of touch' government demands more houses in St Albans
- 5 Man assaulted in 'unprovoked attack in broad daylight' in St Albans
- 6 The latest court results from the St Albans area
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Hertfordshire village of Knebworth
- 8 What's happening with district's vaccine supplies? St Albans MP is seeking answers
- 9 Which areas of St Albans district have seen the most people vaccinated?
- 10 Man in his 40s dies after crash between bus and car
The show, which included a fashion market place from local boutiques and shops in St Albans and Harpenden, raised �6,500.
Photos by Ian Turner Photography Ltd/Helena Chard