Lawyers taking part in St Albans Legal Walk tomorrow
- Credit: Archant
Teams from local law firms are coming together for a sponsored walk to raise money for advice services.
The legal profession and advice sector are joining forces tomorrow, to take part in the St Albans Legal Walk to raise funds for free legal advice charities such as the Citizens Advice Bureau.
People across the legal sector including friends, family and even a few dogs, will be setting off from Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre in St Albans at 5.30pm to walk 10km to Waterend Barn in St Peter’s Street.
The after-work walk is run by the Eastern Legal Support Trust (ELST), which raises and distributes funds to support those who need legal advice in St Albans but cannot afford it. ELST also aims to celebrate the work of advice charities..
Sian McGee, a representative of ELST, said: “Participation in the St Albans Legal Walk grows year on year and ELST hope to host a record breaking event this September and bring together more people in support access to justice for the most vulnerable people in our society.
You may also want to watch:
“In turn we aim to raise more funds, enabling us to support the vital services in and around St Albans.”
Registration will be open at 5pm on the day and close at 5.30pm.
For more information about the event, visit here.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 10 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team