Lawyers taking part in St Albans Legal Walk tomorrow
- Credit: Archant
Teams from local law firms are coming together for a sponsored walk to raise money for advice services.
The legal profession and advice sector are joining forces tomorrow, to take part in the St Albans Legal Walk to raise funds for free legal advice charities such as the Citizens Advice Bureau.
People across the legal sector including friends, family and even a few dogs, will be setting off from Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre in St Albans at 5.30pm to walk 10km to Waterend Barn in St Peter’s Street.
The after-work walk is run by the Eastern Legal Support Trust (ELST), which raises and distributes funds to support those who need legal advice in St Albans but cannot afford it. ELST also aims to celebrate the work of advice charities..
Sian McGee, a representative of ELST, said: “Participation in the St Albans Legal Walk grows year on year and ELST hope to host a record breaking event this September and bring together more people in support access to justice for the most vulnerable people in our society.
“In turn we aim to raise more funds, enabling us to support the vital services in and around St Albans.”
Registration will be open at 5pm on the day and close at 5.30pm.
For more information about the event, visit here.
- 1 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 4 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 5 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 6 Property Spotlight: A striking modern apartment in St Albans
- 7 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 8 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 9 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 Ian Allinson praises 'unbelievable shift' of St Albans City players against Maidstone