Lawyers taking part in St Albans Legal Walk tomorrow
- Credit: Archant
Teams from local law firms are coming together for a sponsored walk to raise money for advice services.
The legal profession and advice sector are joining forces tomorrow, to take part in the St Albans Legal Walk to raise funds for free legal advice charities such as the Citizens Advice Bureau.
People across the legal sector including friends, family and even a few dogs, will be setting off from Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre in St Albans at 5.30pm to walk 10km to Waterend Barn in St Peter’s Street.
The after-work walk is run by the Eastern Legal Support Trust (ELST), which raises and distributes funds to support those who need legal advice in St Albans but cannot afford it. ELST also aims to celebrate the work of advice charities..
Sian McGee, a representative of ELST, said: “Participation in the St Albans Legal Walk grows year on year and ELST hope to host a record breaking event this September and bring together more people in support access to justice for the most vulnerable people in our society.
You may also want to watch:
“In turn we aim to raise more funds, enabling us to support the vital services in and around St Albans.”
Registration will be open at 5pm on the day and close at 5.30pm.
For more information about the event, visit here.
- 1 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 4 Area Guide: The Childwickbury estate explored
- 5 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 6 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 7 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 10 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London