Launderette fire

A FIRE broke out in a high-street launderette on Monday afternoon. Clothing caught alight in the tumble drier inside Launderama in Watling Street, Radlett, at about 12.30pm Those inside were evacuated along with people in the premises on either side and f

A FIRE broke out in a high-street launderette on Monday afternoon.

Clothing caught alight in the tumble drier inside Launderama in Watling Street, Radlett, at about 12.30pm Those inside were evacuated along with people in the premises on either side and fire crews from St Albans and Borehamwood put out the blaze. They remained on the scene for around 20 minutes to ventilate the heavily smoke-logged area.

One side of the road was blocked during the incident which caused traffic delays.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter