Village near St Albans launches local shopping loyalty card
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Village shoppers will be rewarded for staying local as part of a new loyalty scheme.
To encourage local shopping, participating Wheathampstead businesses will be handing out stickers which can be exchanged for a free coffee at Charlie’s café or a free beer at The Reading Rooms.
Chair of Wheathampstead Business Group, Jo Hailey, said: “I am thrilled by this new initiative.
“We have been encouraging people to ‘Buy it Locally’ for over a year now, and this is a great new development.
“After all, what is there not to like about a free coffee or beer?”
The loyalty card was launched by the Buy it Locally mascot Billy the Bee to coincide with Small Business Saturday.
This idea will be trialled until May 31, 2019.
- 1 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 2 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 3 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 4 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 5 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 6 Removing asbestos from Arena will cost £250,000
- 7 More harsh truths in the St Albans City dressing room as mistakes cost them at Chippenham
- 8 'Entertaining and moving' dark comedy After Electra coming to the Abbey Theatre stage
- 9 Landowners advised to step up security following spike in fly-tipping across Hertfordshire
- 10 St Albans named best in the UK for recycling
Wheathampstead Cllr Annie Brewster is supporting the scheme through her locality budget.
She said: “We are very proud of our vibrant village and this inspired scheme will help Wheathampstead residents support each other even more than they do already – and become more sustainable.”