Village near St Albans launches local shopping loyalty card
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Village shoppers will be rewarded for staying local as part of a new loyalty scheme.
To encourage local shopping, participating Wheathampstead businesses will be handing out stickers which can be exchanged for a free coffee at Charlie’s café or a free beer at The Reading Rooms.
Chair of Wheathampstead Business Group, Jo Hailey, said: “I am thrilled by this new initiative.
“We have been encouraging people to ‘Buy it Locally’ for over a year now, and this is a great new development.
“After all, what is there not to like about a free coffee or beer?”
You may also want to watch:
The loyalty card was launched by the Buy it Locally mascot Billy the Bee to coincide with Small Business Saturday.
This idea will be trialled until May 31, 2019.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
Wheathampstead Cllr Annie Brewster is supporting the scheme through her locality budget.
She said: “We are very proud of our vibrant village and this inspired scheme will help Wheathampstead residents support each other even more than they do already – and become more sustainable.”