Village near St Albans launches local shopping loyalty card
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Village shoppers will be rewarded for staying local as part of a new loyalty scheme.
To encourage local shopping, participating Wheathampstead businesses will be handing out stickers which can be exchanged for a free coffee at Charlie’s café or a free beer at The Reading Rooms.
Chair of Wheathampstead Business Group, Jo Hailey, said: “I am thrilled by this new initiative.
“We have been encouraging people to ‘Buy it Locally’ for over a year now, and this is a great new development.
“After all, what is there not to like about a free coffee or beer?”
You may also want to watch:
The loyalty card was launched by the Buy it Locally mascot Billy the Bee to coincide with Small Business Saturday.
This idea will be trialled until May 31, 2019.
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 6 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 7 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 10 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
Wheathampstead Cllr Annie Brewster is supporting the scheme through her locality budget.
She said: “We are very proud of our vibrant village and this inspired scheme will help Wheathampstead residents support each other even more than they do already – and become more sustainable.”