Latest unemployment figures show increase for St Albans
UNEMPLOYMENT in the district increased marginally last month.
The number of people claiming Jobseeker’s Allowance rose from 1,511 in June to 1,567 in July, of which 1,053 were men and 514 were women.
The number of unfilled vacancies registered with Jobcentre Plus was 420, which is just three more than June’s level of 417.
The unemployed in St Albans now make up 1.8 per cent of the district’s population which is still lower than the average of 2.5 per cent for Hertfordshire as a whole.
With 3.9 per cent of the total population claiming Jobseeker’s Allowance, Stevenage is the worst performing district in Herts and East Herts is the best, just beating St Albans with 1.7 per cent of its population unemployed.
You may also want to watch:
St Albans and North Herts were the only two Hertfordshire districts which experienced claimant count increases between June and July.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 5 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 6 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 9 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 10 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy