LATEST: Man confirmed dead after wall collapse in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A BUILDER died yesterday after a wall collapsed on him in St Albans.
Police shut off Mile House Lane at around 2pm just after the incident happened at the rear of a house.
The 26 year old man was from Welwyn Garden City and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Ambulance crews from St Albans, Welwyn Garden City and the hazardous area response team (HART) were at the scene along with fire crews and the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).
Due to the nature of the call Herts Air Ambulance were also in attendance.
You may also want to watch:
A passer-by said yesterday he thought builders had been working at the house in question since before Christmas.
EEAST spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “First and foremost our thoughts are with the man’s family at this tragic time.”
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 7 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 8 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
His next of kin have been informed and police are investigating the incident with the HSE.