LATEST: Man confirmed dead after wall collapse in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A BUILDER died yesterday after a wall collapsed on him in St Albans.
Police shut off Mile House Lane at around 2pm just after the incident happened at the rear of a house.
The 26 year old man was from Welwyn Garden City and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Ambulance crews from St Albans, Welwyn Garden City and the hazardous area response team (HART) were at the scene along with fire crews and the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).
Due to the nature of the call Herts Air Ambulance were also in attendance.
You may also want to watch:
A passer-by said yesterday he thought builders had been working at the house in question since before Christmas.
EEAST spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “First and foremost our thoughts are with the man’s family at this tragic time.”
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
His next of kin have been informed and police are investigating the incident with the HSE.