Firefighters rush to large fire in Radlett derelict building
- Credit: Cambs Fire & Rescue Service
Firefighters were called to extinguish a large fire in Radlett yesterday evening.
At about 9pm, the Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue Service were dealing with a blaze on Watford Road.
The fire was on the first floor and roof of a derelict building and crews from Watford, Garston, St Albans and Stevenage had to use a platform to get above the flames.
No-one was hurt because the building was empty.
Crew members advised nearby residents on Twitter to keep their windows closed, and the fire was extinguished around 11pm.
You may also want to watch:
It is not yet known how the fire started, but there will be an investigation of the premises this morning.
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 5 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 6 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 7 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 10 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report