Large blaze causes significant damage to Wheathampstead bungalow
- Credit: Archant
A fire that quickly spread last night destroyed a neighbours roof and greenhouse in Wheathampstead.
Wheathampstead Fire Service received a call at 2.50am to reports of a hedge on fire in Brownfield Way, near Gustard Wood.
On Arrival the firefighters discovered it had ‘quickly’ spread to the neighbouring fence, greenhouse, and to the bungalows roof.
A Wheathampstead firefighter told the Herts Advertiser: “No one was injured as one of the neighbours had discovered the fire when it was just the hedge alight and warned the other neighbours to leave their properties.
“Six fire engines came to help extinguish the blaze and crews are still on the scene dampening it now.
You may also want to watch:
“There is significant damage. The roof of the bungalow is gone.”
An investigation is underway to discover how the fire started.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 8 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 9 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 10 Our local wildlife needs your voice!