Large blaze causes significant damage to Wheathampstead bungalow
- Credit: Archant
A fire that quickly spread last night destroyed a neighbours roof and greenhouse in Wheathampstead.
Wheathampstead Fire Service received a call at 2.50am to reports of a hedge on fire in Brownfield Way, near Gustard Wood.
On Arrival the firefighters discovered it had ‘quickly’ spread to the neighbouring fence, greenhouse, and to the bungalows roof.
A Wheathampstead firefighter told the Herts Advertiser: “No one was injured as one of the neighbours had discovered the fire when it was just the hedge alight and warned the other neighbours to leave their properties.
“Six fire engines came to help extinguish the blaze and crews are still on the scene dampening it now.
You may also want to watch:
“There is significant damage. The roof of the bungalow is gone.”
An investigation is underway to discover how the fire started.
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 6 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 7 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth