Lapsed runner hoping St Albans Half Marathon will reignite her fire
- Credit: Archant
After losing her confidence following an injury, Katie Tucker is hoping the St Albans Half Marathon will help her regain her passion for running.
Katie, from St Albans, had taken part in various half marathons including the London Marathon in 2014 but she sustained an injury training for her second London Marathon.
The blow affected the 26-year-old’s confidence but five months ago, she decided it was time to get back on the roads and decided to make the half marathon on Sunday, June 12, her target.
She hopes that the half marathon will help her regain her passion for running and wants to enjoy the experience of training and crossing the finish line.
In her blog she said: “Personally, this is a big step in terms of making a return to consistent running over a prolonged period of time.
You may also want to watch:
“My confidence has been knocked and I want my training to be progressive but also be sensible and not overdo it.”
The half marathon starts and finishes at Verulamium Park with those crossing the finish line receiving a medal, t-shirt and an ice lolly.
To sign up for the half marathon as well as the walking half marathon and the 5km and 1.5km run click here.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25