Lanes to be closed in Chiswell Green to repair footbridge
- Credit: Archant
Refurbishment work will be taking place on the footbridge over the A405 North Orbital Road.
Repairs to the Tippendell Lane footbridge, carried out on behalf of Herts county council, will begin on Monday, February 27.
The footbridge provides a pedestrian route across the A405, and the work includes removing paint, repainting and steelwork repairs. It will take approximately 45 days to complete, weather permitting.
Pedestrians will be able to access the footbridge at all times during repairs, however lane closures will be in force on the A405 at the Tippendell Lane roundabout from Monday, February 27 until Friday, April 28 between 9.30am and 4pm.
Terry Douris, cabinet member for highways, said: “These works form part of Hertfordshire County Council’s on-going commitment to maintain and improve our roads and highways structures for the benefit of all road users and in this instance pedestrians in Hertfordshire.
You may also want to watch:
“There is never a good time to do large-scale works of this nature, but we have to protect the long-term viability of the bridge and make sure that it remains safe to use. It is used extensively by local school children to cross a very busy road.
“We’ve made every effort to schedule these works when they’ll be the least disruption, but we do appreciate that road users will still experience some delays.”
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 7 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 10 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
Any changes to the duration of the repairs will be announced on boards at the site and will be available at www.hertfordshire.org.uk/roadworks