Lanes to be closed in Chiswell Green to repair footbridge
- Credit: Archant
Refurbishment work will be taking place on the footbridge over the A405 North Orbital Road.
Repairs to the Tippendell Lane footbridge, carried out on behalf of Herts county council, will begin on Monday, February 27.
The footbridge provides a pedestrian route across the A405, and the work includes removing paint, repainting and steelwork repairs. It will take approximately 45 days to complete, weather permitting.
Pedestrians will be able to access the footbridge at all times during repairs, however lane closures will be in force on the A405 at the Tippendell Lane roundabout from Monday, February 27 until Friday, April 28 between 9.30am and 4pm.
Terry Douris, cabinet member for highways, said: “These works form part of Hertfordshire County Council’s on-going commitment to maintain and improve our roads and highways structures for the benefit of all road users and in this instance pedestrians in Hertfordshire.
“There is never a good time to do large-scale works of this nature, but we have to protect the long-term viability of the bridge and make sure that it remains safe to use. It is used extensively by local school children to cross a very busy road.
“We’ve made every effort to schedule these works when they’ll be the least disruption, but we do appreciate that road users will still experience some delays.”
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Cool off at London Colney's new Watersplash
- 3 Herts Ad Sunday League mourns passing of two local legends
- 4 Major development planned for centre of St Albans
- 5 Blue Plaque commemorating life of Duchess of Marlborough
- 6 Big Brother House set to return to Hertfordshire for 2023 reboot show
- 7 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire village of Bricket Wood between St Albans and Watford
- 8 Investigation over unauthorised development on Green Belt site
- 9 Little Women 'generating a big response at Roman Theatre – and rightly so'
- 10 Park drama as theatre director and café staff tackle tree fire
Any changes to the duration of the repairs will be announced on boards at the site and will be available at www.hertfordshire.org.uk/roadworks