Lanes to be closed in Chiswell Green to repair footbridge
- Credit: Archant
Refurbishment work will be taking place on the footbridge over the A405 North Orbital Road.
Repairs to the Tippendell Lane footbridge, carried out on behalf of Herts county council, will begin on Monday, February 27.
The footbridge provides a pedestrian route across the A405, and the work includes removing paint, repainting and steelwork repairs. It will take approximately 45 days to complete, weather permitting.
Pedestrians will be able to access the footbridge at all times during repairs, however lane closures will be in force on the A405 at the Tippendell Lane roundabout from Monday, February 27 until Friday, April 28 between 9.30am and 4pm.
Terry Douris, cabinet member for highways, said: “These works form part of Hertfordshire County Council’s on-going commitment to maintain and improve our roads and highways structures for the benefit of all road users and in this instance pedestrians in Hertfordshire.
You may also want to watch:
“There is never a good time to do large-scale works of this nature, but we have to protect the long-term viability of the bridge and make sure that it remains safe to use. It is used extensively by local school children to cross a very busy road.
“We’ve made every effort to schedule these works when they’ll be the least disruption, but we do appreciate that road users will still experience some delays.”
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
Any changes to the duration of the repairs will be announced on boards at the site and will be available at www.hertfordshire.org.uk/roadworks