Red Land Rover stolen from St Albans
- Credit: Debbie White
A red Land Rover has been stolen from St Albans.
It was taken sometime between 3am and 10.10am from Station Road on Saturday, June 2.
Herts police are unsure which direction it was driven in.
St Albans Neighbourhood Insp Jon Roche said: “We carefully monitor and analyse crime trends. We pay particular attention to car crime each morning because we know it affects victims in a number of different ways.
“In response to the current trend we have analysts developing patrol strategies to ensure our resources are deployed in the right area at the right time, have developed a new vehicle crime reporting question set, increased our presence overtly and covertly in London Colney and Colney Heath, delivered crime prevention advice to residents and are actively targeting known offenders. Residents should be reassured by the recent increase in covert and overt police activity in the area.
You may also want to watch:
“Despite a rise in this particular crime type, the perception of crime is still worse than the reality and the vast majority of vehicle crime can be prevented through simple crime prevention measures, such as locking your cars and not leaving valuables on display.” Anyone with information, such as CCTV or dash cam footage, should contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
The crime reference is 41/3452/18.
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 4 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 5 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 6 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 7 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 8 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works