Lady Gaga wows in sunglasses from a St Albans opticians
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans optician is enjoying the fame after Lady Gaga was snapped wearing a pair of his glasses.
The pop icon was a vision of sophistication in the £177 pair of sunglasses from Robert Roope, in George Street, when she was spotted wearing them in London last week.
The same design was modelled at St Albans Fashion Show during Fashion Week in November.
Robert Roope, a lifelong Jazz fan who runs the independent opticians, created the Black Eyewear range and dedicated his collection of vintage frames to famous Jazz musicians of the 50s and 60s.
Lady Gaga sent her stylist over to the shop to choose some designs. Two pairs were shortlisted and the star picked the quirky yellow frames, which were named after Jazz legend Courtney Pine.
The designer said: “It is really flattering and I’m very happy to see her wearing them. I wanted to create something a bit different and it feels absolutely great that a world famous star is wearing my design. She’s such a style icon, it’s really great.”
Lady Gaga is the latest in a long line of stars to be seen wearing the popular range of glasses, including Kelly Brook, Lauren Laverne, Fearne Cotton and even the Mayor of St Albans Cllr Annie Brewster.
- 1 Seventies St Albans is backdrop to new novel about secret Nazi treasure
- 2 Extinction Rebellion protestors scale roof of Barclays in St Albans
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 Local restaurants snap up accolades in Curry Awards
- 5 Batchwood Golf Course to be redesigned after houses hit by balls
- 6 1,000 new homes planned next to village
- 7 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 8 St Albans haberdashery store celebrates 50 years
- 9 Future of Harpenden Public Halls site revealed
- 10 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas