Lady Gaga wows in sunglasses from a St Albans opticians
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans optician is enjoying the fame after Lady Gaga was snapped wearing a pair of his glasses.
The pop icon was a vision of sophistication in the £177 pair of sunglasses from Robert Roope, in George Street, when she was spotted wearing them in London last week.
The same design was modelled at St Albans Fashion Show during Fashion Week in November.
Robert Roope, a lifelong Jazz fan who runs the independent opticians, created the Black Eyewear range and dedicated his collection of vintage frames to famous Jazz musicians of the 50s and 60s.
Lady Gaga sent her stylist over to the shop to choose some designs. Two pairs were shortlisted and the star picked the quirky yellow frames, which were named after Jazz legend Courtney Pine.
You may also want to watch:
The designer said: “It is really flattering and I’m very happy to see her wearing them. I wanted to create something a bit different and it feels absolutely great that a world famous star is wearing my design. She’s such a style icon, it’s really great.”
Lady Gaga is the latest in a long line of stars to be seen wearing the popular range of glasses, including Kelly Brook, Lauren Laverne, Fearne Cotton and even the Mayor of St Albans Cllr Annie Brewster.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 9 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 10 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public