Knifepoint robberies of two teens in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Two teenagers were subjected to a frightening ordeal when they were robbed of their mobile phones at knifepoint by a gang within minutes of each other on Saturday night in St Albans.
A police helicopter was sent to Marshalswick, where both robberies occurred, to search for the offenders.
A 15 year old boy was robbed of his phone at 9.45pm in Marshalswick Lane after he was threatened by a group of youths carrying knives.
Herts Police received a report of a second robbery, at about 10pm, of a further knifepoint robbery at The Wick, off Marshal’s Drive. A bag and mobile phone were stolen from a 17 year old boy.
Seven youths, aged between 15 and 16, were arrested on suspicion of armed robbery, and taken into police custody.
You may also want to watch:
Officers also recovered a number of knives.
Inspector David Howells said that while reports of two armed robberies in quick succession would be “alarming to local residents, I would like to reassure them that we responded quickly and as a result have made arrests, and recovered items that may have been used as part of the alleged incidents.”
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 8 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 9 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 10 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
He has urged witnesses to either robbery, or with information that could help with the investigation to contact the police.
Phone non-emergency number 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111, or online: www.crimestoppers-uk.org
Herts Police arrested:
• A 16 year old boy from Luton, who has been bailed until June 12. He was arrested at the St Albans City station, on suspicion of robbery.
• Two 15 year old boys from Luton have been bailed until June 12. They were arrested at the station, on suspicion of robbery.
• A 16 year old Luton boy who was arrested at the station on suspicion of robbery and possession of stolen property has been bailed until July 27.
• Also arrested at the station was a 16 year old boy from Luton, who has been bailed until June 12. He was arrested on suspicion of robbery and possession of stolen property.
• A 16 year old boy from Luton was arrested in Brampton Road, on suspicion of armed robbery. He was bailed until June 12.
• A 15 year old boy from St Albans has been bailed until July 27. He was arrested on suspicion of armed robbery. The location of his arrest was Brampton Road, St Albans.