Man jailed for carrying knife in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A 20-year-old has been jailed for 12 weeks after carrying a knife in a residential area of St Albans.
Zeki Parlak was caught with the folding pocket knife in Park View Close on September 5.
He was unable to give a good reason for carrying the knife, which had a blade of more than three inches long.
Parlak, of Norris Close in London Colney, was jailed for 12 weeks because magistrates in St Albans deemed the offence to be especially serious.
The court heard how he had had the knife within easy access and had been carrying it for over a month.
You may also want to watch:
Magistrates also considered his previous convictions and how a previous community order had not affected his offending behaviour.
Parlak was ordered to pay victim services £115 and £85 court costs.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 6 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
His guilty plea was taken into account.