Man jailed for carrying knife in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A 20-year-old has been jailed for 12 weeks after carrying a knife in a residential area of St Albans.
Zeki Parlak was caught with the folding pocket knife in Park View Close on September 5.
He was unable to give a good reason for carrying the knife, which had a blade of more than three inches long.
Parlak, of Norris Close in London Colney, was jailed for 12 weeks because magistrates in St Albans deemed the offence to be especially serious.
The court heard how he had had the knife within easy access and had been carrying it for over a month.
You may also want to watch:
Magistrates also considered his previous convictions and how a previous community order had not affected his offending behaviour.
Parlak was ordered to pay victim services £115 and £85 court costs.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
His guilty plea was taken into account.