Man jailed for carrying knife in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A 20-year-old has been jailed for 12 weeks after carrying a knife in a residential area of St Albans.
Zeki Parlak was caught with the folding pocket knife in Park View Close on September 5.
He was unable to give a good reason for carrying the knife, which had a blade of more than three inches long.
Parlak, of Norris Close in London Colney, was jailed for 12 weeks because magistrates in St Albans deemed the offence to be especially serious.
The court heard how he had had the knife within easy access and had been carrying it for over a month.
Magistrates also considered his previous convictions and how a previous community order had not affected his offending behaviour.
Parlak was ordered to pay victim services £115 and £85 court costs.
- 1 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 2 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
- 4 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 5 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 6 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 7 Success for Harpenden actor after National Youth Theatre audition
- 8 5 things you might not have known about Herts county council's new chairman
- 9 St Albans SustFest events aim to boost local nature
- 10 The Crossrail connections to Hertfordshire which were never built
His guilty plea was taken into account.