Kimpton takes one of the top prizes in Village of the Year competition
KIMPTON has won one of the two top awards in the annual Herts Village of the Year competition in its first year of entry. Although it just missed out to Woolmer Green on the prize for overall winner, it took the Village of the Year West Award in the ann
KIMPTON has won one of the two top awards in the annual Herts Village of the Year competition in its first year of entry.
Although it just missed out to Woolmer Green on the prize for overall winner, it took the Village of the Year West Award in the annual competition organised by CPRE - The Herts Society.
At a ceremony at County Hall yesterday (Wednesday), Kimpton was awarded a CPRE plaque and a special presentation ceremony will take place on Saturday, July 19.
As overall winner in its area, the village will receive £250 cash, a certificate from sponsors Calor and the CPRE Herts Totem Pole trophy to hold for one year.
Competition organiser Jo Simson said: "Our congratulations go to all the successful villages in this year's competition. Standards were very high and it's great to see so many of the entrants winning a prize.
"This is the first year that Kimpton has entered the competition so they in particular have done extremely well to win the Village of the Year West award."
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 6 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford
- 9 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
Redbourn was commended in the communications category of the competition.