Kimpton takes one of the top prizes in Village of the Year competition
KIMPTON has won one of the two top awards in the annual Herts Village of the Year competition in its first year of entry. Although it just missed out to Woolmer Green on the prize for overall winner, it took the Village of the Year West Award in the ann
KIMPTON has won one of the two top awards in the annual Herts Village of the Year competition in its first year of entry.
Although it just missed out to Woolmer Green on the prize for overall winner, it took the Village of the Year West Award in the annual competition organised by CPRE - The Herts Society.
At a ceremony at County Hall yesterday (Wednesday), Kimpton was awarded a CPRE plaque and a special presentation ceremony will take place on Saturday, July 19.
As overall winner in its area, the village will receive £250 cash, a certificate from sponsors Calor and the CPRE Herts Totem Pole trophy to hold for one year.
You may also want to watch:
Competition organiser Jo Simson said: "Our congratulations go to all the successful villages in this year's competition. Standards were very high and it's great to see so many of the entrants winning a prize.
"This is the first year that Kimpton has entered the competition so they in particular have done extremely well to win the Village of the Year West award."
- 1 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 2 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 3 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 4 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 5 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 6 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 7 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 8 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 9 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
Redbourn was commended in the communications category of the competition.