Kimpton takes one of the top prizes in Village of the Year competition
KIMPTON has won one of the two top awards in the annual Herts Village of the Year competition in its first year of entry. Although it just missed out to Woolmer Green on the prize for overall winner, it took the Village of the Year West Award in the ann
KIMPTON has won one of the two top awards in the annual Herts Village of the Year competition in its first year of entry.
Although it just missed out to Woolmer Green on the prize for overall winner, it took the Village of the Year West Award in the annual competition organised by CPRE - The Herts Society.
At a ceremony at County Hall yesterday (Wednesday), Kimpton was awarded a CPRE plaque and a special presentation ceremony will take place on Saturday, July 19.
As overall winner in its area, the village will receive £250 cash, a certificate from sponsors Calor and the CPRE Herts Totem Pole trophy to hold for one year.
You may also want to watch:
Competition organiser Jo Simson said: "Our congratulations go to all the successful villages in this year's competition. Standards were very high and it's great to see so many of the entrants winning a prize.
"This is the first year that Kimpton has entered the competition so they in particular have done extremely well to win the Village of the Year West award."
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 3 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 7 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 8 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 9 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
Redbourn was commended in the communications category of the competition.