Kimpton community bids to buy village pub
- Credit: Archant
A village crowdfunding initiative is one step closer to buying and restoring their local pub.
A residents’ group in Kimpton has been mobilising the local community to breathe new life into Grade II listed The White Horse, officially listed as an Asset of Community Value.
The volunteers have been working closely with community ownership specialist The Plunkett Foundation to develop a detailed business plan and gain pledges of support for purchase of the pub freehold.
More than half the amount required has already been raised and the group is optimistic about reaching their target total.
Chairman of the White Horse management committee, Neil Burns, said: “We’re seeing extremely encouraging results from our efforts to re-open our pub as a place for our steadily growing community to eat, meet and drink. We have made a very positive start and now we need more pledges to raise the £580,000 that will be needed to buy, renovate and re-open the pub.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “We are inviting the people of Herts to join us by investing in this venture. I have lived in Kimpton for over 30 years and it is without doubt an inspirational community with so many groups working creatively to enhance village life for everybody.
“The pub should be a cornerstone of our community’s future and The White Horse project is no different. We are aiming to harness the skills and talents of the community to make this enterprise a reality.”
Those looking to invest in The White Horse or view the group’s business plan should visit the website or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 8 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 9 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25