Kimpton animal rehoming centre hosting open day to raise money for rebuild
- Credit: Archant
An animal rehoming charity in Kimpton is hosting an open day to raise money for a revamp.
Hertfordshire Blue Cross rehoming centre, on Kimpton Bottom, has invited everyone to visit for games, refreshments, a Dog Show and virtual Cat Show.
Money raised at the event will go towards the centre's upgrade, which will see the site brought up to modern welfare standards.
The building works will start in August 2019 and are expected to finish in September 2020. During this time, the centre will be closed and Blue Cross employees will be rehoming through the Home Direct scheme.
This means pets will be rehomed straight from their current household into new premises.
You may also want to watch:
Centre manager at Hertfordshire Blue Cross, Kellie Brooks, said: "We always look forward to our events and we can't wait to meet even more dogs and their loving families, all coming together to help sick, injured and homeless pets in the care of our charity."
The open day will take place from 11am to 3pm on May 19.
To find out more about the open day and rebuild, visit www.bluecross.org.uk
- 1 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 2 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 3 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 Olympic legend Denise Lewis unveils inspirational mural in St Albans