Kimpton animal rehoming centre hosting open day to raise money for rebuild
- Credit: Archant
An animal rehoming charity in Kimpton is hosting an open day to raise money for a revamp.
Hertfordshire Blue Cross rehoming centre, on Kimpton Bottom, has invited everyone to visit for games, refreshments, a Dog Show and virtual Cat Show.
Money raised at the event will go towards the centre's upgrade, which will see the site brought up to modern welfare standards.
The building works will start in August 2019 and are expected to finish in September 2020. During this time, the centre will be closed and Blue Cross employees will be rehoming through the Home Direct scheme.
This means pets will be rehomed straight from their current household into new premises.
Centre manager at Hertfordshire Blue Cross, Kellie Brooks, said: "We always look forward to our events and we can't wait to meet even more dogs and their loving families, all coming together to help sick, injured and homeless pets in the care of our charity."
The open day will take place from 11am to 3pm on May 19.
To find out more about the open day and rebuild, visit www.bluecross.org.uk
- 1 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 2 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 3 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 4 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 7 Honest truths spilled in Saints dressing room after humbling FA Trophy defeat to Cheshunt
- 8 St Albans' Rachel Andrews stars alongside James Nesbitt and Eddie Izzard in new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 This is Harpenden: faces of town's residents feature in new exhibition
- 10 After another near miss, crossing desperately needed outside St Albans school