Kimpton Blue Cross charity car wash to be regular event
A CHARITY car wash on Saturday proved so successful that it is going to become a regular four-weekly event.
Blue Cross supporter Charlie Elkington, who runs Charlie’s Car Spa in Harpenden, raised �200 for the charity by washing cars at the animal adoption centre in Kimpton Bottom.
Charlie said: “The day was so enjoyable, successful and a repeat requested by so many customers we are going to start doing it on a four-weekly permanent basis.
“I would like to praise all the staff at Kimpton for their input, especially Brian who assisted me all day and without whom I would not have managed.”
Charlie saw for himself the work which is done at the Blue Cross when he adopted his cat Skip earlier this year and decided he wanted to raise money to help more homeless animals. As he had just set up his own business cleaning cars, a charity car wash seemed like a good idea.
You may also want to watch:
The next few dates for the car wash are September 3, October 1, October 29 and November 26. Full details are on the website www.bluecross.org.uk/events or phone the centre on 0300 777 1490.
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 6 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 9 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 10 Defibrillators: How you could save a life