Kimpton Blue Cross charity car wash to be regular event
A CHARITY car wash on Saturday proved so successful that it is going to become a regular four-weekly event.
Blue Cross supporter Charlie Elkington, who runs Charlie’s Car Spa in Harpenden, raised �200 for the charity by washing cars at the animal adoption centre in Kimpton Bottom.
Charlie said: “The day was so enjoyable, successful and a repeat requested by so many customers we are going to start doing it on a four-weekly permanent basis.
“I would like to praise all the staff at Kimpton for their input, especially Brian who assisted me all day and without whom I would not have managed.”
Charlie saw for himself the work which is done at the Blue Cross when he adopted his cat Skip earlier this year and decided he wanted to raise money to help more homeless animals. As he had just set up his own business cleaning cars, a charity car wash seemed like a good idea.
You may also want to watch:
The next few dates for the car wash are September 3, October 1, October 29 and November 26. Full details are on the website www.bluecross.org.uk/events or phone the centre on 0300 777 1490.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 9 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 10 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant