Kimpton animal charity needs a new home for cuddly Winston
- Credit: Archant
Whose a pretty boy then does not seem to apply to Winston the dog but an animal charity thinks he’s the bee’s knees and can’t understand why he hasn’t been rehomed yet.
Eight-year-old Winston, a Shar Pei cross, has been at the Blue Cross rehoming centre in Kimpton Bottom for the past seven months - during which time over 200 dogs have gone off to new owners.
He arrived at Blue Cross in August last year because his owners could no longer care for him. The team at the Kimpton rehoming centre are worried that people are passing Winston by because of his looks.
Animal welfare assistant, Robyn Messingham, explained: “Despite our best efforts, Winston still hasn’t found a home. We think people are put off by his looks, which is why he’s been with us for so long.
“He might not be the George Clooney of the dog world but he more than makes up for it with his loving nature and we all think he’s very handsome. We’d love to see him happily settled in a loving new home.”
You may also want to watch:
Most dogs at Blue Cross find new families within 30 days – the average length of stay – but Winston has been waiting to get his paws on a home for almost seven times that.
He is being cared for by a Blue Cross foster volunteer Christine Hussain until he finds a permanent home. She said: “Winston is such a character and makes us laugh every day. He loves to explore new places and meet other dogs, but he’s happiest when he’s having cuddles. He’s the kind of dog you can’t help falling in love with.”
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 7 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
- 10 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
To rehome Winston contact Blue Cross in Kimpton on 0300 777 1490, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.bluecross.org.uk.