Kellie Bright donates prize to raise money for St Albans boy
- Credit: Archant
Eastenders actress Kellie Bright offered a special raffle prize to a nursery in order to help raise money for a child with disabilities.
The Albany-Montessori nursery in St Albans hosted a charity quiz evening which raised £1,700 to help pay for the therapy of Jonty Burger, who suffers from quadriplegic cerebral palsy and epilepsy.
Among the raffle prizes was a meal with Kellie and screen husband Danny Dyer who play Mick and Linda Carter in the TV soap.
The nursery, located at the Sea Cadet hall in St Albans, is privately owned by Fawzia Topan and Tim Hodgson, who have been trying to provide Jonty with the support that he needs since he started there in Spring 2014.
Jonty’s dad, Gareth Burger, who teaches at St Albans School, has been delighted with the amount of support they have received from the nursery.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “Jonty has been at the Montessori nursery for three years and from our point of view they’ve always been incredibly supportive and incredibly accommodating.”
Jonty’s mum Jessica added: “The quiz was a fundraiser to raise money for Jonty’s therapy after all his time with them as a key member of their lovely nursery community.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 9 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
- 10 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
“The fantastic sum raised, for their first-ever fundraiser, was testament to what a great community of parents and children it is.”