Just fine and penalty points for driver who hit motorist at St Albans roundabout
- Credit: Archant
A 23-year-old man has been fined £150 and had his driving licence endorsed with just three penalty points, despite being involved in a collision which left a motorcyclist with serious injuries.
The crash occurred on September 10 last year on the A405 roundabout, North Orbital Road, at its junction with Watford Road.
Anthony De-Sousa, of Slough, was charged with driving without due care and attention. He had been at the wheel of an Audi A4 which had been at a Give Way junction in Chiswell Green intending to turn left when he drove on to the roundabout and collided with a Yamaha.
The motorcyclist sustained serious injuries, including a broken collarbone and bruising to their body after being knocked from the bike.
De-Sousa had initially pleaded not guilty to the charge but altered his plea at St Albans Magistrates’ Court.
You may also want to watch:
His admission of guilt was taken into account during sentencing at the court on May 6, when he received a £150 fine for driving without due care and attention, £20 victim surcharge and £200 costs for the Crown Prosecution Service.
Notification was sent to the DVLA of the three penalty points because of his conviction for a motoring offence.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 9 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 10 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public