Just fine and penalty points for driver who hit motorist at St Albans roundabout
- Credit: Archant
A 23-year-old man has been fined £150 and had his driving licence endorsed with just three penalty points, despite being involved in a collision which left a motorcyclist with serious injuries.
The crash occurred on September 10 last year on the A405 roundabout, North Orbital Road, at its junction with Watford Road.
Anthony De-Sousa, of Slough, was charged with driving without due care and attention. He had been at the wheel of an Audi A4 which had been at a Give Way junction in Chiswell Green intending to turn left when he drove on to the roundabout and collided with a Yamaha.
The motorcyclist sustained serious injuries, including a broken collarbone and bruising to their body after being knocked from the bike.
De-Sousa had initially pleaded not guilty to the charge but altered his plea at St Albans Magistrates’ Court.
His admission of guilt was taken into account during sentencing at the court on May 6, when he received a £150 fine for driving without due care and attention, £20 victim surcharge and £200 costs for the Crown Prosecution Service.
Notification was sent to the DVLA of the three penalty points because of his conviction for a motoring offence.
- 1 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 2 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 3 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 4 Property Spotlight: A striking modern apartment in St Albans
- 5 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 6 Red Door Recruitment share tips to help you land your dream job as they celebrate 15 years in business
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 9 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 10 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire