Joy as family pictures are recovered
MOTHER S Day was made complete for one local mum when she was reunited with a lost camera memory card which had hundreds of precious photos stored on it. Sonia Thomas appeared in last week s Herts Advertiser after one of the family s memory cards was acci
MOTHER'S Day was made complete for one local mum when she was reunited with a lost camera memory card which had hundreds of precious photos stored on it.
Sonia Thomas appeared in last week's Herts Advertiser after one of the family's memory cards was accidentally left in a games console they traded in at Blockbuster in London Road, St Albans.
The card had around 200 photos saved on it, mainly of Sonia and her partner's eight-month-old daughter since her birth, and their 11-year-old son on his first day at secondary school.
The couple, who also have another son and a daughter, were devastated to lose the memory card as the photos were not stored anywhere else and were yet to be printed.
You may also want to watch:
But much to their relief, the new owner of the computer contacted Blockbuster on Sunday after seeing the article in the paper and posters up in the store, and the card was returned.
A delighted Sonia said this week that she was going to get the photos printed off immediately to avoid any risk of losing them again.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development