Jolly Postman stops off at Harpenden nursery
A JOLLY postman was the surprise delivery at a Harpenden pre-school last week.
Fingertips Creative Arts, a daytime group for children aged two to five, invited local postman Graham Nurse to their playtime last Friday for an afternoon of singing, drama and dance.
Fingertips, set up by entrepreneur and registered child minder Jenny Herbaut, focuses on a different picture book each week and Jenny said that Graham, a family friend, was the ideal guest for their Jolly Postman theme: “The children were absolutely enthralled and it was fantastic fun. Our postman even brought his letter bag along so the children could take turns holding it.”
The children also made little red post boxes, danced and sang along to postman songs and posted their own handmade cards into the big letter box outside.
“A party for Goldilocks marked the end of the festivities, when all the children and their parents ate the fairy cakes that they had helped decorate.
You may also want to watch:
Jenny, who set up the business this Easter time with help from her computer network engineer husband Shaun, said that she was looking forward to celebrating a new theme: “We’ll be focusing on the Giraffe Can’t Dance book next, and I’m sure it will be just as fun.
“Our goal is to help children express themselves through the arts and it’s going really well so far.”
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre
- 10 Vote for your favourite restaurant in Chamber of Commerce poll
Fingertips runs every Tuesday and Wednesday from 9.15am to 11.45am for three to five-year-olds, and every Friday from 9.15am to 11.20am for two to five-year-olds. For more information, visit www.fingertipspreschool.co.uk