Join the adventure of a lifetime for Grove House hospice
MAKE 2011 the year to take up the challenge of a lifetime – Grove House is looking for adventurous people to take part in some incredible events and at the same time help improve services for local people with cancer.
This year for the first time, the hospice is offering a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to scale the highest mountain in Western Europe and plant your flag at the summit of Mont Blanc.
Climbing the 13,000ft Mont Blanc is the ultimate objective for mountaineers all over the world. Although an impressive and imposing mountain, it is also a feasible climbing objective for anyone with a good level of fitness and some previous hill walking experience.
The guided expedition will start out on Sunday, July 3, returning to the UK on Friday, July 11.
It will be managed by Dream Guides (www.dream-guides.com) who will provide qualified, friendly and experienced support.
You may also want to watch:
Based in Chamonix at the foot of Mont Blanc, the company’s guides have travelled extensively throughout the world and have expert knowledge of local skiing and climbing.
They will help to ensure that everyone enjoys the experience and completes the expedition safely.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Charity founder cancels Channel swim after suffering long Covid
Grove House fundraising director, Paul Parrish, is looking forward to completing the climb himself.
He said “We already have several intrepid adventurers signed up and we hope to have many more.
“Not only will this be an amazing experience but we also hope to raise thousands of pounds in sponsorship to help the hospice continue to support more local people than ever whose lives are affected by cancer or life-limiting illness.”
For further information and to sign up to scale Mont Blanc contact Sinead Grimes at Grove House on 01727 731002 or email@example.com