Join celebrities at Help for Heroes polo event in St Albans
- Credit: Photo supplied
ST ALBANS residents have been invited to join celebrities and VIPs at a charity picnic and polo match at Chiswell Green this weekend in aid of injured servicemen and women.
The event, on Saturday June 29, is hosted by Polo For Heroes which organises trips abroad for injured members of the armed forces to help with their recovery as well as supporting Help for Heroes and The Irish Guards Appeal Fund.
A spokesman for the charity event said that guests can bring their own food or use catering facilities.
Celebrities attending include champion boxer Steve Collins and Cash in the Attic auctioneer Tom Keane, who will be holding a charity auction.
The event is in its fourth year, and organisers hope to raise about £20,000.
You may also want to watch:
Last year the event helped to raise enough to fly a group of heroes to Las Vegas for a gala dinner and a trip to the Grand Canyon, where they were honoured for their bravery by native Americans at a “Heroes and Legends” ceremony.
Trip organiser Gary Doggett said: “These trips are a real morale boost for people who have given everything for the country. We hope the people of St Albans will continue to give us their fantastic support.”
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 8 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 9 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 10 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
The event starts at 1pm at St Alban’s Polo Club at Chiswell Green Lane. Entrance is £10; children under 14 free.
For more information go to www.poloforheroes.co.uk