Join celebrities at Help for Heroes polo event in St Albans
- Credit: Photo supplied
ST ALBANS residents have been invited to join celebrities and VIPs at a charity picnic and polo match at Chiswell Green this weekend in aid of injured servicemen and women.
The event, on Saturday June 29, is hosted by Polo For Heroes which organises trips abroad for injured members of the armed forces to help with their recovery as well as supporting Help for Heroes and The Irish Guards Appeal Fund.
A spokesman for the charity event said that guests can bring their own food or use catering facilities.
Celebrities attending include champion boxer Steve Collins and Cash in the Attic auctioneer Tom Keane, who will be holding a charity auction.
The event is in its fourth year, and organisers hope to raise about £20,000.
You may also want to watch:
Last year the event helped to raise enough to fly a group of heroes to Las Vegas for a gala dinner and a trip to the Grand Canyon, where they were honoured for their bravery by native Americans at a “Heroes and Legends” ceremony.
Trip organiser Gary Doggett said: “These trips are a real morale boost for people who have given everything for the country. We hope the people of St Albans will continue to give us their fantastic support.”
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
The event starts at 1pm at St Alban’s Polo Club at Chiswell Green Lane. Entrance is £10; children under 14 free.
For more information go to www.poloforheroes.co.uk