Join celebrities at Help for Heroes polo event in St Albans
- Credit: Photo supplied
ST ALBANS residents have been invited to join celebrities and VIPs at a charity picnic and polo match at Chiswell Green this weekend in aid of injured servicemen and women.
The event, on Saturday June 29, is hosted by Polo For Heroes which organises trips abroad for injured members of the armed forces to help with their recovery as well as supporting Help for Heroes and The Irish Guards Appeal Fund.
A spokesman for the charity event said that guests can bring their own food or use catering facilities.
Celebrities attending include champion boxer Steve Collins and Cash in the Attic auctioneer Tom Keane, who will be holding a charity auction.
The event is in its fourth year, and organisers hope to raise about £20,000.
Last year the event helped to raise enough to fly a group of heroes to Las Vegas for a gala dinner and a trip to the Grand Canyon, where they were honoured for their bravery by native Americans at a “Heroes and Legends” ceremony.
Trip organiser Gary Doggett said: “These trips are a real morale boost for people who have given everything for the country. We hope the people of St Albans will continue to give us their fantastic support.”
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 3 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 4 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 5 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 6 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 7 Call for Government to review district housing targets
- 8 Youths 'kicked and threw stones' at pregnant hedgehog in Hertfordshire
- 9 Preaching into Sermon of the Year finals
- 10 The Midwich Cuckoos: Keeley Hawes on Sky's gripping new drama adapted from John Wyndham’s sci-fi novel
The event starts at 1pm at St Alban’s Polo Club at Chiswell Green Lane. Entrance is £10; children under 14 free.
For more information go to www.poloforheroes.co.uk