Johnny Depp proves just the tonic for sick St Albans toddler
SHIVER me timbers! A fancy-dressed Johnny Depp surprised an ill two year old from St Albans when he visited him in hospital. Enda Walker, who lives in Drakes Drive with his parents and older brother Callum, has Langerhans cell histiocytosis (LCH), a rare
SHIVER me timbers! A fancy-dressed Johnny Depp surprised an ill two year old from St Albans when he visited him in hospital.
Enda Walker, who lives in Drakes Drive with his parents and older brother Callum, has Langerhans' cell histiocytosis (LCH), a rare cancer-like condition which is being treated at Watford General Hospital and Great Ormond Street Hospital.
Enda, who started a course of chemotherapy in March, and his family were at Great Ormond Street in London one day last month when Johnny Depp, who was dressed in his Pirates of the Caribbean attire, surprised them with a special visit.
Enda's father John said that the whole family were stunned: "One of the nurses asked my wife Martina and I if our boys liked pirates and the next then we knew Johnny Depp came bounding into the room! It was so out of the blue and incredibly exciting."
You may also want to watch:
He added: "Johnny was such a genuine guy and when he was talking to my two sons, you could see that he really did care. Apparently he often does surprise visits to Great Ormond Street and it's a good thing too, because he lifts everyone's spirits.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 6 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital