John Humphrys masterminding Grove House’s annual Robert Runcie Dinner
RADIO Four and Mastermind presenter John Humphrys is the guest speaker at an annual dinner in March in aid of Grove House.
Mr Humphrys, who has become a household name over the last 30 years as regular presenter of the award-winning radio programme Today as well as hosting the quiz show Mastermind, will be speaking at the Robert Runcie Dinner to be held at the Noke Thistle Hotel in Chiswell Green on Tuesday, March 15.
As an interviewer, Mr Humphrys has gained a reputation for being both forthright and tenacious, occasionally upsetting politicians who have been known to be very critical of his style after being subjected to a tough interview on live radio.
In his years of broadcasting, he has met and interviewed more personalities than many people meet in a lifetime.
Paul Parrish, fundraising director at the hospice, said: “We are delighted that such a well known and highly respected celebrity is coming to St Albans to speak at our annual Robert Runcie dinner. I am very much looking forward to a fascinating evening, I am sure it will do much to raise the profile of local hospices as well as raise funds for Grove House.”
You may also want to watch:
Copies of Mr Humphrys’ books will be available for sale during the evening.
To reserve a place at �60 which includes champagne and a three-course dinner, contact Grove House as soon as possible via email@example.com or call 01727 731002.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 7 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans