Jogger hit by pellet fired from passing car in Harpenden
A MISSILE was fired from a catapult at a woman out jogging through Harpenden last week.
The young woman is thought to have been hit by a kind of fishing pellet launched from a white Peugeot 106 as it drove past her under the bridge along Hollybush Lane at around 8.20pm Monday.
There are thought to have been two men travelling in the car at the time of the alleged assault, for which police are now appealing for witnesses and information.
PC Justin Sheppard, investigating from the Safer Neighbourhood Team, said: “These kinds of offences are very rare in Harpenden and the victim was shaken up, although only had minor injuries. I am appealing for anyone who saw anything, has any information or can help identify those responsible to come forward.”
An 18 year-old man from Harpenden has been arrested on suspicion of assault and has been police bailed until mid-August.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information on this crime should ring PC Sheppard via the non-emergency number 0845 33 00 222 or, alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 6 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 7 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 10 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public