Jogger hit by pellet fired from passing car in Harpenden
A MISSILE was fired from a catapult at a woman out jogging through Harpenden last week.
The young woman is thought to have been hit by a kind of fishing pellet launched from a white Peugeot 106 as it drove past her under the bridge along Hollybush Lane at around 8.20pm Monday.
There are thought to have been two men travelling in the car at the time of the alleged assault, for which police are now appealing for witnesses and information.
PC Justin Sheppard, investigating from the Safer Neighbourhood Team, said: “These kinds of offences are very rare in Harpenden and the victim was shaken up, although only had minor injuries. I am appealing for anyone who saw anything, has any information or can help identify those responsible to come forward.”
An 18 year-old man from Harpenden has been arrested on suspicion of assault and has been police bailed until mid-August.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information on this crime should ring PC Sheppard via the non-emergency number 0845 33 00 222 or, alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly