Joanna set to walk the walk
SUPERSLIMMER Joanna Ford is looking forward to positively skipping around a sponsored walk in aid of breast cancer after losing four stone in weight. Joanna, aged 31, who lives in St Albans, is taking part in the event organised by the charity Walk the Wa
SUPERSLIMMER Joanna Ford is looking forward to positively skipping around a sponsored walk in aid of breast cancer after losing four stone in weight.
Joanna, aged 31, who lives in St Albans, is taking part in the event organised by the charity Walk the Walk in May - and isn't batting an eyelid at the prospect of walking around the streets of London wearing her bra.
But she would not have dreamt of taking part when she was overweight, not just because she was too embarrassed about the way she looked to walk around in a bra but also because she wasn't fit enough.
She said: "Last year when I had lost two-and-a-half stone, I volunteered at the event and helped serve food to the 15,000 participants.
"It was exhausting but such an inspiring experience being surrounded by people all committed to raising much-needed funds for breast cancer charities. I can't wait to be among them this year and I won't be fretting about how I look, just about my blisters!"
Joanna felt negative, ashamed and out of control when she was overweight but lost the extra stones when she joined Slimming World. She was so enthusiastic about its eating plan that she has become a Slimming World consultant and is taking a class in St Albans.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 6 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 7 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 8 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 9 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 10 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford
Anyone who would like to sponsor her for Walk the Walk should visit www.justgiving.com/joannaford1