Joanna set to walk the walk
SUPERSLIMMER Joanna Ford is looking forward to positively skipping around a sponsored walk in aid of breast cancer after losing four stone in weight. Joanna, aged 31, who lives in St Albans, is taking part in the event organised by the charity Walk the Wa
SUPERSLIMMER Joanna Ford is looking forward to positively skipping around a sponsored walk in aid of breast cancer after losing four stone in weight.
Joanna, aged 31, who lives in St Albans, is taking part in the event organised by the charity Walk the Walk in May - and isn't batting an eyelid at the prospect of walking around the streets of London wearing her bra.
But she would not have dreamt of taking part when she was overweight, not just because she was too embarrassed about the way she looked to walk around in a bra but also because she wasn't fit enough.
She said: "Last year when I had lost two-and-a-half stone, I volunteered at the event and helped serve food to the 15,000 participants.
"It was exhausting but such an inspiring experience being surrounded by people all committed to raising much-needed funds for breast cancer charities. I can't wait to be among them this year and I won't be fretting about how I look, just about my blisters!"
Joanna felt negative, ashamed and out of control when she was overweight but lost the extra stones when she joined Slimming World. She was so enthusiastic about its eating plan that she has become a Slimming World consultant and is taking a class in St Albans.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 3 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 4 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 5 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 6 Call for Government to review district housing targets
- 7 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 8 Preaching into Sermon of the Year finals
- 9 Churches group organises meeting for Ukrainians and host families
- 10 Remembering 'Mr Harpenden' - the indomitable Michael Weaver
Anyone who would like to sponsor her for Walk the Walk should visit www.justgiving.com/joannaford1