Can your business help to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support?
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans funeral directors is asking the community to support them in their fundraising mission.
JJ Burgess & Sons in London Colney are looking for local businesses to make offers of prizes which can be used in a raffle at their Macmillan Cancer Support fundraiser.
Raffle prizes such as a massage, a spa day or a bottle of champagne would be most welcome.
Funeral arranger Jo Goral said: "This is a very serious profession which I love.
"It is also really nice to be able to take part in raising money to support cancer patients and their families.
"We would be so grateful for any offers of raffle prizes from St Albans or Harpenden businesses.
"All the money raised will go to Macmillan Cancer Support."
- 1 Elderly woman chased knife-wielding stranger from her bedroom
- 2 Former Harpenden primary school teacher jailed for 138 years
- 3 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 4 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 5 Man seen walking 'naked from waist down' in Harpenden
- 6 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
- 7 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 8 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 9 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 10 St Albans Pub Pride: Why we need to tackle monkeypox prejudice
To donate, please contact Jo on 01727 568194 or visit JJ Burgess & Sons directly.
The event is on Friday, September 27 at Caledon Community Centre at 10.30am.